01 Oct $1,000,000+ in Revenue with Only $30k in Marketing? How Tyler Austin Hacks Data For High Margins.
Tyler Austin talks about his journey from military, to contractor, to eventually hacking data to maximize profit margins. Tyler is using data differently to reduce his competition.
Video Replay of Interview with Tyler Austin
Start Your Real Estate Disruptors Journey by visiting https://l9aljqz8k7.wpdns.site
$1,000,000+ in Revenue with Only $30k in Marketing Spent
With Tyler Austin, Florida Cash Real Estate
Sept. 30, 2020
About Tyler Austin
Tyler Austin is a former Air Force member and SCADA hacker [Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition], where he used his extensive computer programming and hacking skills to test industrial machines for vulnerabilities to outside hackers. He is the founder of Florida Cash Real Estate, a real estate investment company, located in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. They specialize in solving even the most difficult real estate issues by buying houses for cash. They love buying houses along the Emerald Coast, as this is where we’re from and it is the people, land, and problems that we understand best.
Florida Cash Real Estate helps people through difficult situations such as a property inheritance, fire damaged homes, landlords who are tired of dealing with non-performing properties, and people who simply want to sell their house without any hassle or red-tape. Florida Cash Real Estate is a family and veteran-owned business that focuses on helping homeowners when they need it most.
Tyler also created REISift, software for real estate professionals to help them obtain data on properties and clean it up to be more useful and help them be more successful at closing deals. REISift makes your property data simple and serves as a one-stop command centre for investors to pinpoint distressed properties and capitalize on motivated sellers.
Connect with or find more information about Tyler at www.linkedin.com/in/tyleraustinoriginal, www.facebook.com/floridacashre, www.instagram.com/tyleraustinoriginal, www.floridacashrealestate.com, or learn more about REISift software at www.REISift.io.
Steve and Tyler discussed how Tyler used refined data and personal communications to produce over $1 million in revenue on just $30,000 in marketing spending. Tyler’s shares how he obtained his amazing results, why he continues to achieve such results with minimal marketing expenses, and how you can take his techniques and apply them to your business. If you could close more deals by reducing your marketing and data costs, wouldn’t you implement these strategies? Listen to the full podcast on Real Estate Disruptors for all Tyler’s tips and tricks, and more!
Top 5 Takeaways from Tyler Austin
5. Education is a key to success in starting your real estate business. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, take courses, find a mentor, ask someone for help, and mastermind courses are super helpful.
4. Connections with local business owners can open the doors to getting deals done. Sometimes you may need help with a city zoning or other matter, or you may get leads for new and different projects or properties coming available, or connections to partners or private money sources, or even a hot lead. Your local Chamber of Commerce is a great resource, but you have to be involved regularly to make it work for you.
3. All the data you need is available, you just need a system to organize it, strip out the information you don’t need, and make it usable for your business. However, simply buying data is not efficient — you need to be able to extract the important data and discard the irrelevant. Software is invaluable and a big time-saving tool to get you accurate data quickly and easily. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on data, you just need to use the right tools to clean up the mountains of data available.
2. Your team is critical to your success. A big myth in real estate is that you need a lot of salespeople. Hire people to do the things you either are not good at or don’t like to do. Don’t over-hire; keep your staff lean and focused. If your people aren’t getting results, it may be your management of them, or they may be in the wrong role or the wrong person for the job. Not getting results doesn’t mean you need more people, you may need better training or different people.
1. Using data and combining it with user accounts from social media can make contacting potential sellers easy. Having a third party who knows the potential seller make an introduction is a fantastic way to get in the door with some degree of authority. Most people have the same or similar usernames on their email, Facebook, Instagram, etc., and you can often find them and connect through those media.
Bonus Takeaway: People and data are the two most valuable things to your business. Hire good, motivated people who use the data to connect with people in the community. You have to talk to people. Real voicemails lead to real conversations, which lead to real deals and real help for people. It’s not always that you’re buying someone’s house at a certain price, but you’re helping them out of a tough situation by getting them cash when they really need it. That happens much more frequently when you use data to find people, and use communication to find out what they really need.
About Steve Trang
Steve Trang is the founder of the Real Estate Disruptors movement and host of the Real Estate Disruptors Podcast. He started his podcast in the middle of 2018 to inspire wholesalers and real estate agents to double their incomes by adding a second leg to their business. The podcast has now grown to ten thousand followers with new members of the community sharing their success story every week.
Steve’s goal is to create 100 Millionaires. One of his favorite quotes is from the great Zig Ziglar: “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” He heard this quote when he first got into real estate, and it has stuck with him throughout his entire career. In fact, it’s essentially one of the core values Steve lives by.